Funding Guidelines & Application
United Way of Greater Niagara has transitioned to a single focus model, allocating funds and investing in programs that positively impact the social, emotional, and mental development of Niagara County’s youth.
Funds are awarded only to organizations that:
- Have current Section 501c3 status as determined by the Internal Revenue Service
- Are located within Niagara County and/or the City of Tonawanda
- Run a program/service that aligns with United Ways area of focus with measurable outcomes
The maximum funding available per request is $30,000
- Should an organization wish to submit a request for more than the maximum amount, they must contact United Way in advance to discuss their application.
- Distribution of funds (one-time payment or monthly installments) will be determined by the application review committee. Please note: the amount of funds granted may not reflect the amount requested.
Leave A Legacy
Host A Fundraiser
Organizations, as a provision of accepting United Way of Greater Niagara’s funding, must provide the following:
- Summary report within 6 months of using the funds demonstrating that the funds were used for the intended purpose.
- Program review by United Way after 6 months.
- Once deemed a “United Way of Greater Niagara Funded Agency:”
- Actively participate in campaign
- Include United Way in any marketing/promotion of the funded program (i.e. program site, social media, newsletters, press releases, and website) utilizing the United Way logo and/or in text: “This program is funded with support from the United Way of Greater Niagara.”
Applications Available: NOW
Application Deadline: October 31
Decision Notification: December
Make a Donation